Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Barry Eisler, J.M. Snyder and Destiny Booze

I sense a conspiracy: Whenever I add a friend on Facebook (and there are over 2000 of you now--thank you!), I get the requisite email notice, suggesting people I might want to contact who are on my new friends' lists as well. And, since I rarely-if-ever pass up a chance to tell someone new about NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEED, I'm tickled to do so.

Here's the thing, though: They're always the same three people. Barry Eisler, J.M. Snyder, and Destiny Booze.

Destiny Booze?

Now, I'd be perfectly happy to add all three of these authors--and yes, they're all authors--to my friends list. Except maybe Ms. Booze, whose name creeps me out just a little. But when I try to do so, I'm rewarded with a prompt that informs me this person has exceeded his/her limit of friends (boo hoo), so I can't add them to my list.

So Facebook invites me to contact and add people, and then tells me I can't add them. That seems just a hair pointless, to me.

Yes, I understand that this is a blatant plea for me to "Like" the author in question. But someone who likes to brag about having too many friends (with a limit of 5000) is not someone I'm going to "Like" sight unseen. So I'm not rushing in.

So Eisler, Snyder, and especially you, Booze: You're not my friends yet. But I do have a question.

How the heck did you get 5000 friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment